Oral disease is the most widespread chronic disease, despite being highly preventable. The common risk factors that oral disease shares with other chronic diseases/conditions are:
– Risk factor for dental caries, coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancers, obesity
– Risk factor for oral and other cancers, periodontal disease, coronary heart disease, stroke, respiratory diseases, diabetes
– Risk factor for oral and other cancers, cardiovascular disease, liver cirrhosis, trauma
– Risk factor for periodontal disease and other bacterial and inflammatory conditions
– Risk factor for trauma, including dental trauma.
Control & Stress
– Risk factors for periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease
– Independent risk factor as well as underlying determinant of other risk factors.