• A Denture is an artificial replacement of the missing teeth.
• They are made of acrylic/ plastic material.
• They are removable replacements.
• Dental Dentures
What are Complete dentures:
• These are artificial replacement given for completely missing upper or lower or both teeth.
• It enables to regain the functions of chewing.
What are Partial dentures?
• Partial dentures are removable appliance given when one or more natural teeth are absent.
• What are the initial teething problems with the denture?
• A new denture may take a little time to get adapted to the oral environment.
• Minor irritation or ulcers may develop initially until the muscles around the mouth get trained to your biting pattern.
• Difficulty in chewing food.
• Difficulty in speaking.
Can I eat all types of food with dentures?
• Patient should start using the denture by chewing equally on both sides.
• To start with take soft small pieces of food and slowly include other foods into the diet pattern.
• Avoid intake of more sticky and hard food stuffs.
Tips to maintain a denture:
• Clean both sides of your denture everyday with denture brush and warm water.
• Remove your dentures at night and soak it in denture cleanser solution.
• Before re-inserting the denture, rinse your mouth with a mouth wash.
• The dentures must never be left to dry when outside the mouth since it will cause shrinkage of the material and thus change in shape.
• Read news papers to improve speech.
• Bite the food equally on both sides to preventing lifting of dentures.
• Keep your hands in front of the mouth while sneezing or coughing to prevent falling of denture.
• Always drink water by sipping the glass instead of lifting it.
• BPS DENTURES
• “BPS DENTURES ARE MORE PATIENT FRIENDLY”
• “LIFE LIKE DENTURES”
• It is a full mouth or complete denture.
• They satisfy the overall needs of the patient as the construction involves high quality and technical skills enabling a good esthetic appearance with great comfort.
ADVANTAGES OF BPS DENTURES OVER REGULAR DENTURES
• Reproduce the required functional efficiency of the natural teeth.
• Highly fracture resistant.
• Patient can consume hard foods
• A well fit of the denture is obtained.
• Even the gum shade can be altered.
What are Flexible Dentures?
• Flexible Dentures
• These are partial dentures; used to replace one or more missing natural teeth.
• Unlike previous partial dentures which were rigid, they are flexible and blend with the tissues.
What are the benefits of flexible dentures?
• Flexible partial dentures are the comfortable, beautiful, and affordable choice
• The innovation of the Valplast Flexible Partial allows the restoration to adapt to the constant movement and flexibility in your mouth.
• It does not involve any metal framework along with the denture.
• The flexibility, combined with strength and light weight, provides total comfort and great looks!
• The material itself blends with the tissue in your mouth so that the only thing that shows is your beautiful smile.
How to maintain flexible dentures?
• Clean the flexible denture regularly under running water. Brushing the denture must be avoided as it will reduce the surface smoothness and polish.
• Soak the denture in water over night or whenever not worn in mouth to keep the surface hydrated.
• Remember to brush the teeth and gums regularly. The denture must be removed before brushing.
• An implant supported denture is a fixed type of denture.
• Implants are placed both in the upper and lower jaws which support the denture.
• supported dentures
• Implant support
• No palatal coverage
• Does not interfere with speech.