A Denture is an artificial replacement of the missing teeth. They are made of acrylic/ plastic material and they are removable replacements.
What are Complete dentures:
• These are artificial replacement given for completely missing upper or lower or both teeth.
• It enables to regain the functions of chewing.
What are Partial dentures?
Partial dentures are removable appliances given when one or more natural teeth are absent.
What are the initial teething problems with the denture?
• A new denture may take a little time to get adapted to the oral environment.
• Minor irritation or ulcers may develop initially until the muscles around the mouth get trained to your biting pattern.
• Difficulty in chewing food.
• Difficulty in speaking.
Can I eat all types of food with dentures?
• Patient should start using the denture by chewing equally on both sides.
• To start with take soft small pieces of food and slowly include other foods into the diet pattern.
• Avoid intake of more sticky and hard food stuffs.
Tips to maintain a denture:
• Clean both sides of your denture everyday with denture brush and warm water.
• Remove your dentures at night and soak it in denture cleanser solution.
• Before re-inserting the denture, rinse your mouth with a mouth wash.
• The dentures must never be left to dry when outside the mouth since it will cause shrinkage of the material and thus change in shape.
• Read news papers to improve speech.
• Bite the food equally on both sides to preventing lifting of dentures.
• Keep your hands in front of the mouth while sneezing or coughing to prevent falling of denture.
• Always drink water by sipping the glass instead of lifting it.
BPS dentures are more patient-friendly life-like dentures It is a full mouth or complete denture. They satisfy the overall needs of the patient as the construction involves high quality and technical skills enabling a good esthetic appearance with great comfort.
ADVANTAGES OF BPS DENTURES OVER REGULAR DENTURES
• Reproduce the required functional efficiency of the natural teeth.
• Highly fracture resistant.
• Patient can consume hard foods
• A well fit of the denture is obtained.
• Even the gum shade can be altered.
What are Flexible Dentures?
• These are partial dentures; used to replace one or more missing natural teeth.
• Unlike previous partial dentures which were rigid, they are flexible and blend with the tissues.
What are the benefits of flexible dentures?
• Flexible partial dentures are the comfortable, beautiful, and affordable choice
• The innovation of the Valplast Flexible Partial allows the restoration to adapt to the constant movement and flexibility in your mouth.
• It does not involve any metal framework along with the denture.
• The flexibility, combined with strength and light weight, provides total comfort and great looks!
• The material itself blends with the tissue in your mouth so that the only thing that shows is your beautiful smile.
How to maintain flexible dentures?
• Clean the flexible denture regularly under running water. Brushing the denture must be avoided as it will reduce the surface smoothness and polish.
• Soak the denture in water over night or whenever not worn in mouth to keep the surface hydrated.
• Remember to brush the teeth and gums regularly. The denture must be removed before brushing.
• An implant supported denture is a fixed type of denture.
• Implants are placed both in the upper and lower jaws which support the denture.
• No palatal coverage
• Does not interfere with speech.